Pages

Monday 8 September 2014

A peaceful walk in the forest


I'm lucky enough to live only a few minutes walk from a large forest. I noticed it on Saturday evening on the way to a party in Kista, and yesterday I was feeling a bit fed up and decided to go for a long walk there. It was really beautiful, and other people were few and far between, which was definitely a positive at the time. Even though it's not far from main roads and traffic it was dense and so peaceful and quiet, and it was easy to forget that I was in the city at all.


I saw so many different types of mushrooms, and that is quite a big difference between the Nordic countries and England. Mushrooms are actually my favourite food, and I would have loved to have picked some, but unfortunately I have no clue what is and is not poisonous, so I just left everything alone. They were everywhere though, and they were beautiful to look at. I saw a deer, and as far as I remember that's the first time I've seen a deer in a natural setting like that. I also saw some information about a viking cemetery situated in the forest, and it was quite interesting to read about that.


The forest was so peaceful, and it was really nice to sit there and relax. I expect that later I will live in a different area of Stockholm, but I would happily travel to walk in this forest again. It was so green, and the sun was so bright. It wasn't even very cold, so I happily passed a couple of hours just wandering through. I really thought it was a shame that people who had been there having bonfires etc had left quite a lot of litter in places.


It's lovely to have such a beautiful area so close to where I live, and I hope to visit the forest again. It's definitely a good place to get some privacy and clear the head. The past couple of weeks have been quite stressful and emotional for me, and I think I probably really needed this time and space.


I'm even more keen to explore now, as I've decided to go back to England temporarily on 20th September. This situation is very difficult for both my boyfriend and myself, and more and more we feel that it makes more sense for me to go back for a short time until we can come back to Sweden together. I'm glad to be here, but I'm not completely happy being here on my own, and this will resolve the problem. It's not the original plan, but seems like the best way forward right now. We expect to be back here around December or January, and I think we'll both be much happier at that point. Coming to Sweden now was definitely worthwhile, else I never would have known how things would go, and I feel much more prepared for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment