Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Good things

First off, the best bit of news - it looks like I now have a job for when I get back to Stockholm in January! I had arranged this meeting through a company I worked for in London; their Swedish office is new and currently consists of one member of staff, but I met him yesterday and I was surprised by how well everything went. Sometimes you have the ideal scenario in your head, and then it actually happened! I wasn't expecting an immediate start, and that suited me just fine as I plan to leave Stockholm temporarily in just over a week, but a January start truly is perfect because my boyfriend and I are planning to get back here in December or January. Language isn't an issue, I have the relevant experience, and the office is centrally located so won't limit me in terms of finding a place to live.
I'm really happy, but trying not to overexcite myself in case of any delays or unexpected problems. I was open about going to England for a few months, and was told to just keep him informed of where I am and what my plans are for coming back to Stockholm as they unfold so that we can make arrangements. So that side of things looks very positive and is a weight off my mind, and will also quickly resolve my need for a personnummer. 
Should there be any problems in the next few months, which I really hope will not be the case, I also have a list of large, international companies with offices in Stockholm, as these are more likely to work in English. I've looked through some already, and have found that the majority do not require Swedish language skills. Whether I need it or not, this is useful for my boyfriend, who speaks less Swedish than I do.

Secondly, the luggage company are now providing me with a partial refund. Frankly I don't think the amount, less than a quarter of what I paid, is really good enough, but I just want this to be over with. I was offered a £25 discount voucher, which is worthless for me as I will never use their services again, so I suggested a refund as an alternative. The whole thing was so frustrating, and wasted so much of my time, that I'll take it if it means that's the end of the matter. I still think the service I received was disgusting, and by the end of it I had the impression that the company hadn't actually understood my reason for complaining, and their customer care manager sent me an email with a somewhat rude tone. As long as it's over with, that's all I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment