Pages

Thursday 8 January 2015

It came and went

It snowed for the first time since we arrived, but has actually already melted away. I'm not really that keen on snow, or maybe just how my own country copes with snow, but on this occasion I was reminded of how magical it looks when it first starts to snow, before layers of ice develop or it melts into sludge.
There's a woody area near to our house, and it looked really beautiful covered in snow. There seem to be a lot of dogs living here too, and it was nice to see them being taken for walks covered in snow. Yesterday our time job hunting was punctuated by breaks outside to play in the snow like children. It made a nice change for me - I kept remembering that the alternative option was being in London.
I feel a bit less negative about snow now, but then this was the dry, powdery snow that it's difficult to slip on. I didn't expect it to melt quite so quickly - this time yesterday every surface outside was still covered in layers of snow. It snowed lightly but steadily throughout yesterday, and most of the night before.

On a different note, today I've had a serious lead about a job, one that exactly fits the kind of thing I was hoping to do here. I don't want to jink it, and should learn more soon, but for now I am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment