Pages

Saturday 3 January 2015

The Inevitable Return of the Great White Dope

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

My boyfriend and I flew back to Stockholm yesterday, and I'm so pleased that we're back now. I spent a lot of time on the t-bana previously, and as soon as I got to the platform at T-Centralen I felt like I was back!
Again we opted for Airbnb for our initial accomodation. Thankfully I gained experience when I was here in September, and will be staying here for longer. We are staying in Hagsätra this time, an area I'd never been to until yesterday, but I'm actually quite keen on the area. The residents are predominantly Swedish, which is totally different to Rinkeby, but it's preferable because I'd like to integrate with Swedish people. The building and area is more like what I would expect here, and is actually quite pretty. Last night we also met a Swedish cat, which is obviously a positive! Local amenities are much better than in Rinkeby, and although we only got here yesterday I'm fairly happy with our choice, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the area. Soon we'll start looking for a more long term place to live, and I would definitely consider Hagsätra as an option.
Obviously it's much colder than when I was here before. After I left Sweden I found out I'd caught the end of the hottest summer in 70 years! Having lived in Finland I had some idea of what to expect from this time of year, although Swedish people told me that winters in Finland are usually worse than here. I can believe this, as there's no snow on the ground at the moment - it is chilly, but it's pretty much what I assumed for this time of year.
We're going to take the weekend to settle a bit more, as it's all totally new to my boyfriend, and from Monday we'll get back to sorting our lives out. Upon reflection I realised that September was really not the right time, everything about our situation now seems a lot better, and I hope this means that we will be successful. Last time I was here was very helpful as a trial period, it made me confident that Stockholm is where I would like to be, and gave me experience of coping with living here. I'm looking forward to continuing my adventures, and settling here in a way that wasn't possible last time. It's a joy to get out of London again, and I don't intend on being back there anytime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment